In the effort towards Jamaica achieving Elimination status regarding the Mother to Child Transmission of HIV & Syphilis (EMTCT); the candidate will conduct a gap analysis and develop an action plan in collaboration with each parish. The candidate will be tasked with identifying gaps in the PMTCT programme for each parish as well as monitoring the implementation of recommended interventions and adherence to PMTCT protocols.
- Conduct a gap analysis and develop an action plan in collaboration with each parish
- Identify gaps in the PMTCT programme of each parish (inclusive of audits of PMTCT records).
- Collaborate with the PMTCT Parish Coordinator in the identification of training needs for PMTCT Programme staff in the parish
- Monitor the use of records/registers for Syphilis and HIV
- Monitor the implementation of recommended interventions and adherence to PMTCT Protocols. Identify challenges for implementation at the site, parish, regional levels, prioritizing action items that warrant escalation to the national level
- Coordinate the PMTCT still birth review for 2017 inclusive of fetal loss and spontaneous abortions
- Review the referral system between staff members for both HIV positive mother and the mother-child pair to ensure linkage to relevant services for continuation of treatment and care
- Review the postnatal care of HIV positive mothers inclusive of contraceptive measures and options
- Monitor HIV & Syphilis testing coverage among ANCAs
- Monitor third trimester HIV & Syphilis testing at Delivery Suites/ Labour rooms
- Review records to identify gaps in documentation of the HIV & Syphilis status of mothers who deliver at the relevant facilities
- Liaise with the PMTCT Nurses to ensure follow up is done for missed /defaulted HEIs including review of the Medical Records from primary (MCH clinics, nutrition) and secondary care (paediatric services)
- Collaborate with the Consultant evaluating the private sector for HIV Management to conduct a SWOT analysis of private care for the HIV positive pregnant woman
- Lead Collating of all PMTCT Reports for 2016/2017
- Monitor correct use of HIV & Syphilis testing kits on the ward
- Evaluate & implement corrective measures into the grouping of “unbooked mothers’. Ensure the term is being used to define mothers who received no antenatal care during pregnancy, as opposed to mothers not booked prior at the facility of delivery.
- Be knowledgeable of Jamaica’s HIV response and the Elimination Initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Docs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Certification in Public Health Nursing or Nursing and Midwifery
- A minimum of 5 years nursing experience in the health sector
- Local experience in public health/primary health care
- Prior experience in the PMTCT programme is an advantage
- Prior experience in an EMTCT Country Validation process is a distinct advantage
Interested persons should submit their application along with resume no later than
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 via email to email@example.com
Applications must be addressed to:
Human Resource Management & Administration
Ministry of Health
10a Chelsea Avenue, Kingston 5
We thank all candidates for responding, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.