The HIV Database: Systems Administrator will be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems between the MOH M&E server and the field in the management of Persons Living with HIV.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Liaise with relevant programme officers and team members to understand HIV users’ needs and identify corresponding user interface requirements, workflows, and functionalities.
- The Officer is responsible to ensure that the network is appropriately managed to facilitate maximum uptime, performance, and security of the computers he or she manages in order to meet the needs of all the users.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform regular file archival and cleaning as necessary.
- Configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and operational requirements.
- Training provided in configuring hosting of the site.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Strategic Information Advisor or her designate.
- Must have good knowledge of computer networks.
- Must have good knowledge of database design, applications and technologies.
- Proficient skill with Intranet and Internet environments.
- Demonstrate ability to express complex design ideas and technical concepts.
- Knowledge of software development.
- Understanding of Information elements in the Health Sector.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Informatics, Health Statistics or related discipline PLUS at least 4 years’ experience in database and network management
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and Public Health Research/Surveillance
Interested persons should submit their application along with resume no later than
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be addressed to:
Human Resource Management & Administration
Ministry of Health
10a Chelsea Avenue, Kingston 5
We thank all candidates for responding, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.