Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position in the Ministry of Health (Health Promotion & Protection Branch).
The Programme Administrator will have core functions relating to the operations of the Office of the Director, Treatment, Care and Support (TCS). In carrying out these duties the officer will be required to:
- Assist in the development of the Annual Work-Plan for TCS.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the work plan activities by assisting in the initiation of activities, liaising with the procurement and finance units and follow upon decisions taken.
- Facilitate planning and coordination of visiting teams and provide administrative support to teams visiting treatment sites across the island.
- Liaise with programme stakeholders (i.e. Private and Public Sector, RHAs, NGOs and CSOs), ensuring timely and accurate information flow between the Ministry and stakeholders.
- Preparation of periodic reports on programme issues for submission to Government of Jamaica and Donor Agencies.
- Organize and support planned training workshops in Treatment, Care and Support.
- Organize and Coordinate meetings for which the Director, Treatment, Care and Support Coordinator is responsible.
- Monthly visits to the National Health Fund to audit stock and verify stock status reports.
- Quarterly visits to National Public Health Laboratory to audit stock of reagents for HIV diagnostic and monitoring tests.
- Document and monitor all contracts pertaining to the treatment component (anti-retrovirals, reagents, sub-recipients), ensuring timely submission of deliverables.
- Follow-up with Regional Pharmacies and Private Sector Pharmacies to ensure timely reporting of drug usage to facilitate proper supplies management.
- Perform general administrative duties, letter writing, minutes and action sheets produced.
- Any other duties
SPECIFIC OUPUTS/ Deliverables
The officer will contribute to the achievement of the stated strategic Objectives. These will include:
- The effective management and implementation of all TCS activities that support the National Programme through administrative support to the Director, Treatment Care and Support.
- Monthly status report on the Treatment component.
- Timely completion of workshop reports and reports for donor agencies
- Strengthening the National Capacity to respond to the epidemic through the maintenance of clear lines of communication between all programme stakeholders and the Office of the Director, Treatment Care and Support
- Creating an administrative environment within the Office of the Director, Treatment Care and Support where programme resources may be utilised efficiently.
- Initiation forms completed
- Administration of RFQ and Evaluation completed for work plan approved activities
- Track initiated activities through payment and delivery of goods or performance of services
QUALIFICATIONS OF OFFICER
The Officer will be required to have highly developed skills in administrative management and will be required to work on her own initiative. The officer will:
- Have completed a first degree in Business Administration, its equivalent or similar qualifications in a related field.
- Experience in programme planning
- Have worked in a customer service environment.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- Efficient typing skills.
- Sound knowledge of HIV/AIDS would be an asset.
- Knowledge of GOJ procurement procedures would be an asset.
- Ethical: having the ability to work in a highly confidential environment.
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than August 28, 2017 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only