BACKGROUND FOR THIS REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The Ministry of Health has historically received complaints on the reportedly long waiting time that patients face at health facilities. In fact, the predominant result of independent national customer service surveys for the public health sector revealed that while users of healthcare facilities were satisfied with the overall level of customer service, the main cause for their dissatisfaction was with waiting time.
PURPOSE OF THIS REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
This is a Request for proposal for a rapid assessment of the determinants of length of wait in Ministry of Health healthcare facilities in order to inform decision-making on how to address the causal factors. The objectives of this RFP are to:
- Provide baseline information for waiting time and waiting lists for the government health sector.
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the different factors that impact on waiting time in ambulatory and inpatient care settings and provide recommendations on key strategies to
adopt towards reducing waiting time in the public health sector.
- Identify service-delivery problems and tests new programmatic solutions to these problems.
- Formulate and apply mathematical modelling with other optimizing methods to develop recommendations regarding health service planning and logistics for MOH decision-makers.
- Apply operations research in healthcare planning at a systemic level as it relates to patient flow, information flow, capacity planning, or resource allocation.
- Translate proposed solutions into material solutions/recommendations including cost estimates and implementation strategies.
Tenders submissions that do not comply with all the above requirements on bid opening will be deemed non-responsive.
Bids must be submitted online using the Electronic Government Procurement Platform (www.gojep.gov.jm) on or before the stipulated submission date and time of Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. Late bids will be rejected by the system. Bids will be opened at 11:15 a.m. that same day using the online platform, as such there will not be a public tender opening exercise.