Month: March 2019
To act in conjunction with the Director, Manpower Planning and Development to analyse the training needs of staff and develop, implement and evaluate relevant training interventions and programmes, pertinent to the Ministry’s priorities.
- Training programmes implemented and evaluated
- Annual Training Plan and Budget prepared
- Training manuals prepared and maintained
- Training committee activities executed
- Training Audits
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Identifies the training needs of staff in keeping with the Ministry’s priorities, programmes and activities. (Done in collaboration with the Director, Manpower Planning and Development)
- Develops medium and long term training plans and programmes for the Ministry of Health.
- Recommends that persons be trained and provides guidance on the appropriate institutions, or sources of learning.
- Processes applications for scholarships/fellowships locally and overseas.
- Conducts interviews with Programme Directors, Managers and Staff and interacts with training and career development institutions to assess available training opportunities
- Collaborates with funding agencies to secure scholarships, fellowships and funding for in-service training.
- Ensures that all circulars pertaining to training are circulated within the Ministry, its off-complex agencies and the Regional Health Authorities.
- Monitors orientation and on-the-job training programmes to determine effectiveness in meeting objectives.
- Develops a resource base of training opportunities and teaching materials and equipment for the Unit and arranges a system of dissemination.
- Organizes orientation programmes for new employees.
- Prepares monthly/periodic reports on training activities.
- Carries out investigations on aspirants for Study Leave/Day Release and Sponsorship.
- Provides advice to officers on programmes, aspirants for programmes and others acting on their behalf.
- Represents the Ministry at Committee Meetings relevant to training.
- Attends local Training Committee Meetings in the capacity of Secretary.
Performs any other related duties as assigned from time to time
- Training Plans developed and revised according to national needs
- Circulars and Training Brochures are disseminated in a timely manner.
- Training Schedules are prepared and circulated on time.
- Investigations on applicants for sponsorship and, or, study leave and day release are carried out, and feedback ascertained and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Responses or feedback from training meetings (Decisions) are sent to the Regional Training Managers, Bonding Office, Office of the Services Commissions and all other relevant bodies or persons, within the stipulated time frame.
- Monthly meeting notes are prepared and circulated within 10 days of meeting.
- Budget is prepared and adhered to
- Training needs are assessed and recommendations made.
- Respond to query within 36 hours.
|Excellent counseling/conflict management skills|
|Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications|
|Excellent knowledge of the Public Service Regulation, practices and procedures|
|Keeps abreast of training programme offerings locally and internationally|
|Effective time management skills||2|
|Customer and Quality Focus||2|
|Planning and organizing skills||2|
|Problem solving and decision making skills||2|
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent
- Training Officer’s Certificate or its equivalent and three (3) years working experience in a related field; or
- Professional qualifications related to health and two (2) years experience in the Training Unit of the Ministry; or
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Work outside of stipulated working hours
- Exposure to confidential information
- Sudden critical assignments
- Recommend expenditure relating to training programmes within budgeted limits.
- Identify training needs and recommend courses/programmes or necessary actions.
- Review and make recommendations on training proposals submitted by training organisations and consultants.
Interested persons may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume via email no later than Friday, April 12, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.