Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position in the Public Relations & Communication Unit of the Ministry of Health & Wellness.
Accounts Payable Officer
Reporting to the Senior Accounts Payable Officer, the Accounts Payable Officer ensures that payments are processed adequately to ensure their validity, propriety, authenticity and accuracy of claim.
- Checks claims, bills, contracts and invoices submitted for payment to ensure that adequate documentation and accurate information are provided;
- Prepares appropriate payment vouchers with the financial code structures;
- Maintains relevant registers – transport allowance cards;
- Inputs data from payment vouchers into FMIS system as per financial code structure;
- Receives two (2) copies of cheque issued statement from authorised officer along with the appropriate amount of cheques to be printed;
- Ensures that all necessary steps are taken in accordance with FMIS operational procedure before and when loading the cheques in the printer;
- Checks bills, receipts, and statements submitted for clearance of advances to ensure authenticity and accuracy;
- Prepares appropriate journal vouchers for the clearance of the advances;
- Assists in research to obtain information pertaining to audit or customers queries.
- Performs duties of Relief Cashier.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate or Diploma in Accounting, Management or Business Administration from a recognised institution;
- AAT Technician Stage
- Certificate in Government Accounting Level 1 plus four (4) years related experience;
- Satisfaction of the Proficiency criteria;
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applications with résumés are to be submitted no later than Friday, May 14, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
The Ministry of Health & Wellness thanks all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.