To conduct audit as it relates to the examination of transactions, records and documents; both financial and operational, to determine compliance with the provisions of relevant laws, regulations, policies and rules.
- Audit reports produced.
- Audit plan prepared.
- Operational and Financial Audits conducted
- Working papers prepared.
- Individual work plan developed
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Conducts operational and financial audits to determine compliance with the provisions of relevant laws, regulations, policies and rules.
- Verifies the adequacy and accuracy of financial records, examine and appraise financial and accounting practices, systems and procedures.
- Prepares working papers for submission and review.
- Clears any queries on working papers prepared.
- Assists in the preparation of preliminary recommendations and drafting of reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned from time to time.
- Sound knowledge of current auditing principles, procedures and practices.
- Sound knowledge of current auditing principles, standards and techniques.
- Working knowledge of the laws, regulations and other instructions governing both the financial and operational aspects of the organization.
- Knowledge of ethical standards and guidelines governing the accounting and auditing profession.
- Confidentiality and integrity is exercised.
|Basic knowledge of accounting principles and techniques.||2|
|General auditing knowledge.||2|
|Fair knowledge of Staff Orders, Financial Administration and Audit Act and other regulations and procedures governing the Public Sector.||2|
|Proficiency in computer applications.||3|
|Written communication skills.||2|
|Planning and organizing skills||2|
|Teamwork and cooperation||2|
|Problem solving and decision making skills||2|
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
Work in volatile areas from time to time.
- Make recommendations on findings from the audit.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A.T, C.A.T. or A.C.C.A Level I. or
- Certificate in Public Administration or Management Studies, UWI or
- Government Accounting 1 Modules 1-5; Completion of first year of A Sc in Accounting at MIND
- One (1) year or more related working experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interested persons may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume via email no later than Monday, June 22, 2020 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.