The Assistant Director of Personnel assists the Director of Personnel with administration of personnel functions in accordance with the Public Service Regulations and Human Resource Policies and Procedures.
- Human resource policies & procedures implemented
- Operational Plan developed
- Job Descriptions reviewed
- Suitably qualified staff identified and recruited
- Efficient and productive staff
- Current data produced
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Assists with the preparation of Unit work plan and ensures that the policies and procedures are consistent with strategic objectives.
- Assists with the preparation of annual budget
- Assists in the participation of updating the Human Resource Manual
- Interprets and implements human resource management policies and procedures within the Ministry, Agencies and Regional Authorities.
- Provides technical and professional advice to all senior managers in accordance with the Public Regulations and Human Resource Procedures.
- Assists in the maintenance of record of staff employed on secondment and coordinates the deployment process both internally and externally.
- Assists in monitoring Performance Evaluation Reports, analyses data and provide guidance as is necessary.
- Participates in the recruitment of staff at all levels
- Assists in coordinating orientation programme for new members of staff
- Assists in collaboration with Management Services Unit (Cabinet Office) for the job re-design process.
- Ensures the maintenance of the personnel records to provide accurate and current data.
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Assists in providing leadership to staff through effective goals setting, delegation and communication.
- Assists in managing the welfare and development of supervises through the preparation of Performance Evaluation and recommended training and other programmes
- Provides guidance to the staff through coaching, mentoring and support as is necessary.
- Conducts interviews for recruitment.
- Ensures the staff awareness of the policies, procedures and regulations of the Ministry.
Performs any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Personnel.
- Efficient human resource practices maintained
- Staff competent and productive
- Job descriptions prepared within agreed timeframes
- Quarterly orientation program for new recruits
- Operational plan prepared within established timeframe
- Suitably qualified staff in place
- Welfare of staff identified and procedures implemented
- HRM 2000 updated accurately and timely
- Reports submitted by the deadline
- Vacancies filled
- Exit interviews done
|Good knowledge of regulations governing Ministry of Health|
|Excellent counseling/conflict management skills|
|Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications|
|Excellent knowledge of the Public Service Regulation, practices and procedures||
|Good communication skills|
|Good leadership skills|
|Good interpersonal skills|
|Excellent problem solving skills|
|Good negotiating skills|
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Human Resource Management or Public Administration and specialized courses in Human Resource Management; and
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience in Human Resource Management, of which two (2) should be at the managerial level in the Public Sector; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, June 28, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.