Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position in the Human Resource Management & Development Division in the Ministry of Health & Wellness.
Assistant Director Personnel (GMG/SEG 1)
Salary Range $1,577,167 – $1,874,755
Under the supervision of the Director – Personnel, the Assistant Director of Personnel assists with administration of personnel functions in accordance with the Public Service Regulations and Human Resource Policies and Procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
· Assists with the preparation of Unit work plan and ensures that the policies and procedures are consistent with strategic objectives.
· Assists with the preparation of the Unit’s annual budget.
· Interprets and implements human resource management policies and procedures within the Ministry.
· Provides technical and professional advice to all senior managers in accordance with the Public Regulations and Human Resource Procedures.
· Assists in the maintenance of record of staff employed on secondment and coordinates the deployment process both internally and externally.
· Assists in monitoring Performance Evaluation Reports, analyses data and provide guidance as is necessary.
· Participates in the recruitment of staff.
· Assists in coordinating preliminary orientation programme for new members of staff
· Ensures the maintenance of the personnel records to provide accurate and current data.
Human Resource Responsibilities
· Assists in providing leadership to staff through effective goals setting, delegation and communication.
· Assists in managing the welfare and development of supervisees through the preparation of Performance Evaluation and recommended training and other programmes
· Provides guidance to the staff through coaching, mentoring and support as is necessary.
· Conducts interviews for recruitment.
· Ensures the staff awareness of the policies, procedures and regulations of the Ministry.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· BSc. in Human Resource Management/Management Studies/ Business Studies/Public Administration and specialized training in Human Resource Management; and
· Minimum of five (5) years work experience in Human Resource Management, of which two (2) should be at the managerial level in the Public Sector; or
· Any equivalent combination of education and experience
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Thursday, November 11, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.