To carry out an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the Ministry’s financial, physical and other resources are managed. To add value to the organization by performing risk assessments, operational and compliance reviews, thereby assisting management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities.
- Audit programmes developed
- Risk Matrix developed
- Working papers prepared
- Audit reports produced
- Audit budgets prepared
- Time budget prepared
- Risk assessment analysis
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Prepare and monitor the department’s budget
- Review attendance register and maintain leave application cards
- Prepare quarterly reports on late arrival
- Prepare annual report on absences in excess of sick leave
- Maintain staff, purchase and budget files
- Assist the C.I.A. in the preparation of the audit plan, which fulfils the responsibility of the department, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resources needed.
- Supervise auditing of department, and determine scope of investigations required
- Direct and supervise all team members in the performance of assignments and give general advice.
- Conducts audit to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in control, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, management policies or procedures.
- Conduct operational, compliance and financial audits and assess the control environment.
- Perform risk assessment to determine the scope of the audit
- Document systems and prepare audit procedures and programmes to effectively conduct audit in audit areas.
- Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial and other information that is provided for the Permanent Secretary.
- Make recommendation on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management’s response and implementation.
- Review working papers prepared by team members, consolidate overall findings from team members and prepare final reports with recommendations to the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Prepare performance appraisals for subordinates
- Maintain current and permanent files.
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Identifying weakness in team members and working recommendation for training
- Encourage the overall development of team members through coaching.
Conducts special investigations as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Observation of the International Audit Standards in the performance of audit duties
- Risk assessment are conducted in accordance with International Audit Standards #520
- Internal control systems are assessed by the standards set by the Institute of Chartered accountant
- Follow up procedures are implemented according to established guidelines
- Key deliverables are produced within the agreed timeframe to standards set by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Ethical standards and guidelines governing the accounting and auditing profession are adhered to.
- Due care and reasonable assurance are observed
|A sound knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, including planning, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits.||
|Working knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures||4|
|Proficiency in the use of computer auditing techniques in particular the ACL||4|
|A good knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit Act. Public Service Regulations, Staff Orders and other regulations and procedures governing the Public Service.||4|
|Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures||4|
|An ability to analyse risk, problem identification and solving||4|
|An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare concise oral and written reports.||4|
|Excellent oral communication skills.||4|
|Excellent written communication skills.||4|
|Ability to work in an organized, logical and efficient manner||4|
|Good analytical and problem-solving skills||4|
|Leadership and interpersonal skills.||4|
|Good reporting skills.||4|
|Ability to encourage and motivate team members||4|
|Ability to meet deadlines||4|
|Excellent People management skills||4|
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of A.C.C.A. Level 2 or
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or Management Studies from a recognized university, e.g. UTECH, UWI.
- Pursuing professional examinations such as CAT level 3 or CIA
- At least 3 years audit experience in a private or public sector at a supervisory level
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Auditors are required to work in volatile areas on occasions
- Exposure to confidential information
- Signs off working papers.
- Signs audit reports.
- Signs off on interoffice memorandum
- Signs off on time budgets
- Makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Evaluate subordinates
Interested persons may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume via email no later than Monday, August 3, 2020 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.