Author: Ministry of Health Jamaica
To formulate policies, develop and implement plans and programmes for the control and reduction of Chronic Diseases and Injuries in the Island.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS
- Develop norms, standards and protocols for the management of Chronic Diseases.
- Develop a database on Chronic Diseases programmes in Jamaica.
- Ensure an effective system of surveillance of chronic disease and risk factors is established.
- Use surveillance data to improve the systems of service delivery and patient outcomes through the establishment of four (4) high-risk specialist clinics for the management of Chronic Disease.
- Assist in the re-orientation of the health services through the incorporation of the Healthy Lifestyle programme into the Chronic Disease management especially as it relates to approaches to improving patient education and patient compliance and control.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programmes to ensure that the health staffs have the knowledge and skills required for the management of Chronic Diseases.
- Establish and maintain contact with the national and international agencies in the development and implementation of progress related Chronic Diseases.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical Doctor with an MSc in Epidemiology or equivalent
- Five (5) years experience in the field of Epidemiology, Public Health or Chronic Disease Control.
Interested persons may apply in writing, accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, August 31, 2018 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.