The Behavior Change Communications Coordinator will promote and assist in the design, implementation and evaluation of health promotion and behaviour change strategies that impact sexual risk behaviour and cultural norms in order to reduce transmission of HIV and other STIs as well as improve treatment outcomes. The role will place an emphasis on contributing to a multi-sectoral response, and developing BCC strategy for interventions in partnership with line ministries, private sector and NGOs. The Officer will be responsible for assisting in the process of planning, supervising and guiding the implementation of the Unit’s Work Plan and providing technical support to partners and Sub Recipients and other implementing agencies including NGOs, CBOs and FBOs, in the execution of programme activities.
- GoJ and funding agency reports prepared.
- Workplans for the Unit, sub-recipients and other partners developed
- Strategies for reaching target populations with behavior change interventions developed
- Targeted communication strategies developed for HIV Prevention, Treatment and Care.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Technical / Professional Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Annual workplan
- Maintain communication channels with the relevant funding agencies on project matters;
- Collaborate with Government Ministries, private sector and NGOs to design and develop interventions that impact sexual risk behavior, HIV prevention and improved treatment outcomes
- Liaise with Programme Stakeholders including component officers and Sub Recipient (SR) officers so as to ensure timely and accurate information flow at all times.
- Participate in and guide the preparation, procurement, and execution of Studies and Consultant services;
- Develop terms of reference, scope of work and contracts and provide technical support for the development of contracts for consultants employed by the project.
- Ensure that projects are implemented according to the specific guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Facilitate the settlement of disputes, if any, under contracts with Officers and follow up on shortages and defective supplies/services /works that are in breach of contract provisions;
- Co-ordinate the evaluation of project proposals relating to works, goods and equipment so as to arrange for their execution by following all procedures for award of contract;
- Monitor the work of the RHAs and sub-recipients to ensure that there is integration between the various projects and the stated objectives of the national strategic plan.
- Facilitate sub-recipients and provide technical assistance in the development and implementation of action plans in order to ensure necessary collaboration and information sharing to meet project deliverables as per their contract through visits and other types of inter-face
- Review materials that are developed by consultants for technical soundness.
- Coordinate project activities and ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the Project Proposal Document, and Project Operational Manual.
- Provide for the purpose of the review of the GOJ and the relevant funding agency, the following documents at the times indicated:
- an annual work plan for the implementation of the project activities;
- monthly reports to the Senior Medical Officer, HIV/STI/TB Unit
- an annual self-evaluation reports on project issues highlighting the achievements and problems being faced in the stage and recommendation for changes in project scope and activities.
- Facilitate the preparation of the workplans for all implementation partners and Sub Recipients (SRs)
- Represent the SRHA in an official capacity, when appropriate
- Performs other related functions assigned from time to time by the Senior Medical Officer
- Workplans prepared within established time frames
- Activities completed within established time frames
- Compliance with GOJ and funding agency reporting requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong team player and team leadership skills
- Sound project planning and project management skills
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Good knowledge of Government procurement regulations
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health, behaviour change models and theory
- Good understanding of the Multi-Sectoral approach to the HIV/AIDS response
- Experience in multi-agency collaboration.
- Experience in health promotion, social marketing, coordinating health programmes
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- A First Degree in Business Administration, Media and Communications or Social Sciences;
- Training in Project Management or related field, Communication of Social and Behaviour Change, Public Health or related field;
- 3-5 years management experience with public health programs, preferably in the field of reproductive health, including experience with Bilateral and Multilateral Projects for at least two (2) years
Specific Conditions associated with the job
- Frequent travel required to liaise with stakeholders in the public, private and NGO sectors
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Monday, July 22, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.