The incumbent has specific responsibility to manage the behaviour change communication effort, develop policy guidelines for health promotion activities and implement health promotion programmes.
- Behaviour Change programmes
- Behaviour modified
- Evaluation tool developed
- Advice provided
- Counselling services
- Policies and guidelines developed
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Collaborates with Director, Health Promotion and Education and other senior managers in the design and implementation of programmes aimed at behaviour modifications.
- Plans and monitors the implementation of health education programmes at the national, regional and parish levels.
- Develops a mechanism to conduct analytical evaluation of materials distributed with the view to maintain community interest and to improve service delivery.
- Utilizes evaluation and research findings when making recommendations for the development and implementation of behaviour change strategies.
- Maintains effective interaction with the Regional Health Authorities to ensure the successful implementation of programme activities, to facilitate the process of achieving the programme goals.
- Provides information on the performance of behaviour change programes and make recommendations to Director, Health Promotion and Education Senior managers within the Ministry of Health and the regional Health Authorities, in order to facilitate informed policy decisions.
- Evaluates behaviour change programmes to determine their efficiency and effectiveness, and make recommendations for improvement or cancellation.
- Collaborates with government and non-government organizations in order to ensure a coordinated to behaviour modification.
- Develops theoretical models addressing interpersonal factors, institutional factors and community factors for health promotion.
- Participates in community intervention program development to reduce targeted risk factors and implement intervention programmes which make optimum use of available resources.
- Participates in the development and implementation of research groups as required.
- Participates in the establishment of counselling services in communities, schools etc.
- Submits monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the progress of the behaviour change programme to the Director, health Promotion and Education.
- Represents the Ministry of Health at relevant seminars and conferences.
- Performs any other duties, as assigned by the Director, Health Promotion and Education.
- Programmes developed and implemented
- Behaviour modified / positively impacted
- High level of performance is demonstrated.
- Deadlines are consistently met.
- Reports prepared and submitted by established deadlines
- Frequent attendance and participation at relevant seminars and conferences
- Counselling Services implemented and sustained
|Effective written communication skills|
|Effective oral communication skills|
|Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills|
|Managing external relationships|
|Managing the client interface|
|Team work and cooperation|
|Planning and organizing skills|
|Change management skills|
|Project Management skills|
|Time management skills|
|Research methodology and data analysis skills|
|Knowledge of Ministry of Health Policies|
|Knowledge of laws and regulations governing the National Health Sector|
|Knowledge of regional and international trends and development in communication techniques||
|In-depth knowledge of social, cultural environmental and economic factors that impact on human behavioral patterns.||
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent
- Post graduate training in Behavioral Sciences or Health Education
- Minimum of six (6) years working experience in health education or communication or in a related field.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- May be required to work beyond the normal working hours in order to meet deadlines
- Required to travel island wide
- Recommend new programmes aimed at behaviour modification.
- Recommend changes to programmes currently in operation in order to increase their overall efficiency and effectiveness.
Interested persons may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume via email no later than FRIDAY AUGUST 7, 2020 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.