Plans, develops and establishes the policies and objectives of the hospital and directs the daily administration of the hospital within the authority of the governing Board of Directors.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Support clinical, operational facility services throughout the entire hospital on a 24-hour basis.
- Develop and implement internal and external Disaster Preparedness Plans.
- Confers with the Board of Directors and the management team to plan business objectives, develop organizational policies and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining the hospital’s objectives
- Oversees the fiscal operations of the hospital, including budget planning, accounting and establishing rates for health care services.
- Reviews activity reports and financial statements to determine the hospital’s status in attaining objectives and revises objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions
- Directs and coordinates the activities of medical, nursing and administrative staff and services and evaluates the activities of senior managers for compliance with established policies and objectives and contributions in attaining assigned objectives.
- Oversees and ensures the continuous improvement of buildings and equipment
- Represents the hospital at community meetings and plans and develops public relations policies designed to improve the hospital’s image and relations with all the major stake-holders
- Sets standards for workers, monitors progress and evaluates outcome
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Qualification and Experience Required
Specific Knowledge (however acquired) required to start
- Sound knowledge of financial and managerial accounting principles and practices, and specifically, budget preparation and management techniques
- Sound knowledge of government legislation regulation regulating the operations of the Ministry of Health, and relevant Labour and Employment relations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration/Public Sector Management
- First Degree in Business Administration or Equivalent qualifications
- Five (5) years’ experience at a senior management level.
Specific Skills or Competencies Required
- Sound forecasting and strategic planning skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Well-developed human relations skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to provide professional and effective leadership
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than September 11, 2017 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue