To coordinate all activities related to the quality assurance programme for the public health sector.
- Quality Assurance programmes developed, implemented and coordinated.
- Quality control mechanisms for programmes within the public health sector developed.
- Quality Assurance Monitoring reports submitted.
- Monitoring reports of quality improvement programmes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Develops and implements a comprehensive quality assurance programme for the Ministry of Health and its agencies.
- Develops standards for activities related to quality assurance and identify quality indicators in collaboration with the Director, Standards Research and Development and Standards Research Officer.
- Develops training programmes in quality assurance focusing on the Ministry’s priority areas and coordinate their execution. Structure activities and programmes to encourage commitment to, and strengthen behaviour change towards a quality culture in the Ministry and health facilities.
- Participates in the development of policy and procedure manuals for quality assurance for the Ministry of Health and its agencies.
- Participates in relevant research activities conducted by the Ministry in order to develop norms and standards for quality assurances.
- Provides guidance to senior managers in the Ministry of Health and its agencies in implementing quality assurance programmes.
- Collaborates with senior managers and regional directors in identifying requirements for the implementation of quality assurance programmes.
- Develops criteria for the measurement of client satisfaction and provider review.
- Collaborates with the Director, Standards Research and Development and other Senior Managers to develop provider accreditation and quality control mechanism for programmes such as the national Health Insurance Programme
- Monitors activities of the quality assurance programmes within the Ministry of Health and its agencies.
- Assesses the impact of quality assurance programmes in health institutions.
- Recommends ways and means of developing and improving activities related to quality assurance.
- Liaises with relevant local and international organizations in developing quality assurance programmes and activities.
- Prepares reports, briefs and other documentation on quality assurance programme and submit to the Director, Standards Research and Development.
- Performs any other related duties, as assigned by the Director, Standards Research and Development.
|Ability to plan, organize and coordinate the work of others||2|
|Knowledge of National health Policy||2|
|Knowledge of research methodology||2|
|In depth knowledge of research methods and techniques||3|
|Knowledge of Quality Assurance principles||3|
|Knowledge of management principles and practices||2|
|Use of technology||2|
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master Degree in Public Health or the Social Sciences
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in the quality assurance field
Interested persons may apply in writing, accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, August 10, 2018 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.