To ensure the expansion of diagnostic, treatment, counseling and care services for HIV and STI patients. This will involve the training of health workers to provide prevention counseling, creation of referral and linkage mechanisms to provide swift transition from a positive test result to quality health care access.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Liaise with relevant agencies, Ministries and Donor Agencies on matters pertinent to the
- Prepare Terms of Reference for planned consultancies and training interventions relating to the
- Coordinate training and technical assistance for Ministries’ staff to prepare sectoral work plans according to overall project
- Supervise sectoral work plans within the component aimed at achieving targets within a given time frame and with the best possible quality.
- Collaborate with the Management Information System Officer to establish procedures for monitoring sectoral work plans and the work of implementing agencies.
- Liaise with the Accounts and Procurement to determine the status of disbursements and procurement in relation to the
- Monitor activities along the implementation
- Develop guidelines for care of PLWHAs based on findings of commissioned research.
- Prepares short term and long term treatment plans for HIV/AIDS that integrates different forms of care: –
- counseling and testing for HIV/AIDS psychosocial
- nutritional community home based nursing
- clinical management
- access to drugs for opportunistic infections and ARVs.
- Provide technical reports to the Ministry and the Regional Health Authorities on selected indicators relevant to Treatment and
- Ensure availability of antiretroviral drugs at treatment
- Establish functional teams at HIV/AIDS treatment
- Establish basic standard of care for PLWHAs at treatment
- Represents the Unit at meetings, conferences, seminars as
- Make presentations in various forms as
- Manages the welfare and development of direct reports through the preparation of performance appraisals and recommendation of required training and development
- Provides leadership to staff through objective setting, delegation and communication.
- Provides guidance to staff through coaching, mentoring and training, providing assistance and support as needed.
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the
- Ensures that staff is aware of and adheres to the policies, procedures and regulations of the Unit and the
- Project management skills.
- Proven skills in strategic and operational
- Demonstrated knowledge and academic credentials in the field of public health planning/policy making/HIV/STI training, counseling, treatment, care and support.
- Good understanding of the multi-sectoral approach to HIV/AIDS
- Good problem solving and analytical
- Good leadership and interpersonal
- Ability to work in and lead a team.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MD with MPH or related qualification from a recognized
- Five years clinical
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than July 16, 2018 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only