Responsible for strengthening HIV Prevention, Treatment and Care efforts for vulnerable adolescents and youth by providing support to programmes designed to increase national prevention coverage and improve treatment outcomes, monitor the implementation of interventions to promote responsible sexual behaviour among adolescents and youth, thus improving the quality of care for young people living with HIV.
- Identify and train youth leaders for community interventions.
- Establish network of adolescent and youth service providers across government and civil society to standardise package of services.
- Develop content for social media platforms (Face book, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
- Conduct monthly monitoring visits to RHAs and civil society partners.
- Facilitate support group interventions and activities for young people living with HIV.
- Work closely with Liaison Officers, Social Workers and Case managers among other members of the care team to reduce loss to follow up and improve retention in care.
- To ensure that providers are trained in providing appropriate services for adolescents and youth.
- Work closely with the Prevention teams to increase HIV testing and counselling for vulnerable young people.
- Submit monthly reports.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Assist with the development of interventions and activities targeting youth.
- Manage social media platforms, content and distribution for the Adolescent component of the National response
- Liaise with media partners on youth related activities and develop content for promotion of Youth activities such as media launches and specially observed dates: World AIDS Day and Safer Sex Week
- Assist with the development of IEC materials specially tailored for at-risk young people.
- Assist with the development and placement of mass media campaigns to improve HIV knowledge and reduce risk behaviours among young people
- Raise public awareness about the sexual and reproductive health issues affecting young people by preparing press releases and briefs
- Coordinate team visits to targeted communities and site based interventions.
- Identify and sensitize at least 20 youth influential annually on basic sexual reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS prevention education.
- Assess the uptake of condoms, HIV testing and materials via weekly consultations with contact person at the Teen Hub
- Develop with the assistance of the team, programmes, interventions/activities for the target population.
- Assist the BCC Co-ordinators with the oversight of the procurement of Youth Intervention activities.
- Assist with coordinating and conducting research amongst the target population.
- Basic knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues
- Working knowledge of Behaviour Change, Public Health and Health Promotions
- Experience in working in community settings with youth
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and with people in authority
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet
- Ability to work effectively in team setting.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good problem solving skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media and Communications, Social Marketing, Social Work or related field
- Two (2) years experience working in sexual and reproductive health, youth development, media and communications or related areas.
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, January 25, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only