To coordinate the maintenance of an adequate system for the management of surveillance related data at the national level.
- Medical review of incoming disease notifications.
- Technical guidance and support for the investigation and control of communicable disease outbreaks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS INCLUDES:
- Establish and maintain contact with field teams regarding the clinical details of notified cases.
- Liaise with laboratories to guide testing and integrate disease and laboratory surveillance data.
- Provide technical support and guidance to clinicians in the private and public sectors.
- Analyse surveillance data and report on communicable diseases of national and international significance.
- Provide guidance to the National Technical Team on the planning and implementation of policies for the control of communicable diseases.
- Provide guidance to senior human resource training and development personnel regarding raining needs identified by the surveillance system.
- Represent the Ministry of Health at local and international meetings regarding public health surveillance.
- Perform other duties as needed/assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical degree from a recognized medical school (WHO’s World directory of medical schools).
- Master of Science degree in Epidemiology or Public Health.
- Minimum of two (2) years (post-qualification) work experience in a clinical setting.
Applications with résumés are to be submitted no later than Friday, November 26, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
The Ministry of Health & Wellness thanks all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.