Salary Scale: $ 2,533,543.00 per annum – $ 3,011,586.00 per annum
Travelling Allowance $894,924.00 per annum
To plan direct and coordinate the nutrition programmes of the Ministry of Health in order to achieve and maintain appropriate nutritional levels in the nation.
- Operational Plan and budget prepared
- Technical Advice
- Policy recommendations document and prepared
Key responsibility areas INCLUDES:
- Provides leadership in the formulation and implementation of National food and Nutrition Policies and Strategies
- Prepares and manages the operational plan and budget for the Nutrition Unit
- Presents the government’s position on nutritional matters at local, regional and international conferences
- Advises the Chief Medical Officer, the Director, Health Promotion and Protection and other Senior Ministry of Health planners on all matters concerning food and nutrition.
- Participates in the Quarterly and Annual Performance Review, to assess the achievement of the Technical Services Division
- Establishes and maintains beneficial relationships with the National Nutrition Coordinating Committee of Jamaica, the Bureau of Standards, the Caribbean Food and Nutrition Institute and other related agencies to develop coordinated approaches to the solution of nutritional problems
- Proposes nutrition objectives and priorities and guides the implementation of such objectives in relation to other objectives and development goals of the Ministry of Health
- Develops national strategies and measures relevant to the reduction of malnutrition and nutrition related diseases including obesity, plans nutrition intervention programmes where required.
- Guides the Regional Health Authorities, other Ministries and agencies in the development and implementation and appraisal of nutrition programmes.
- Plans and conducts nutritional research projects to inform policy decisions and programmes on healthy eating habits and healthy lifestyles
- Collaborates with the Director, Health Promotion and Education in developing National Programmes to promote healthy eating habits and lifestyles
- Establishes monitoring systems for the assessment of the nutritional status of the nation in conjunction with National Nutrition Coordinating Committee and the Department of Statistics.
- Collaborates with the Standards and Regulation Division in the development and monitoring of standards and quality assurance processes for nutritional services in the public health system
- Prepares notes and briefs on nutritional matters for inclusion in speeches to be made by the Minister of Health, Permanent Secretary, and Chief Medical Officer
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Related Science
- Be registered with the Council of Professions Supplementary to Medicine – Plus
- Nine (9) years progressive working experience in the field of nutrition, with at least five (5) years being at the managerial level
Applications with résumés are to be submitted no later than Thursday, November 25, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
The Ministry of Health & Wellness thanks all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.