Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Director, Policy & Programmes-Veterinary Public Health (HPC/VO 2), in the Ministry of Health & Wellness:
Under the direction of the Director, Health Promotion & Protection, the successful candidate will:
- Utilize Veterinary Medical skills to develop and monitor programmes for foods of animal origin in order to safeguard human health.
- Develop, monitor, evaluate and sustain programmes aimed at the prevention, control and eradication of zoonoses.
- Provide technical liaison with the Ministry of Agriculture on animal Health matters of Public Health significance.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Public Health
- At least five (5) years relevant and progressive working experience at managerial level
- Registered by the Jamaica Veterinary Board
- Successful completion of short courses on food safety
- Peer Approval
|Sound technical knowledge in the area of veterinary medicine and||3|
|Sound knowledge by the laws and regulations governing veterinary medicine and veterinary public health||3|
|Indepth knowledge of animal diseases – local and international||3|
|Good interpersonal skills||3|
|Planning and organizing skills||3|
|Good communication skills||3|
|Analytical and problem solving skills||3|
Interested persons may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume via email no later than Monday, October 19, 2020 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.