Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the incumbent is responsible to provide technical support at the treatment facility, operate the assigned waste collection vehicle, and perform day-to-day operation and routine maintenance of the collection vehicle in an efficient manner and in compliance with the operations, maintenance, and health and safety plans and procedures of the waste treatment facility.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA
- Ensure that medical waste storage containers are collected from healthcare facilities in accordance to daily established targets, schedules and as per guidelines.
- Drive and operate the treatment facility collection vehicles as per operations manuals.
- Assist with on-going assessment/evaluation of the waste collection schedule and routes.
- Perform inspection of waste storage containers and interim storage areas at healthcare facilities and report conditions observed to Treatment Facility Operations Manager to ensure timely execution of corrective actions.
- Monitor the collection vehicle maintenance service schedule and notify the Facility’s Operations Manager to ensure that the collection vehicles receives timely servicing.
- Monitor and maintain records (paper and electronic) on vehicle daily log book and the fuel consumption charges of the assigned collection vehicle and submit same to the Treatment Facility Operations Manager on a timely basis.
- Report and document all accidents, spills, emergencies and equipment malfunctions occurring during collection and transportation.
- Assist with the cleaning of the assigned collection vehicle, and ensure that it is properly cleaned
|Valid General Divers License rated OPEN|
|Demonstrated ability to obtain general working knowledge of the dynamic operations and maintenance requirements for the collection vehicles and waste storage container.|
|Good oral and written communication skills|
|Ability to use the computer
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) CXC passes including one technical subject, or equivalent qualifications
- Open General Drivers License (Jamaican) and at least three (3) years driving experience with trucks.
- At least two (2) years working experience at a reputable company in the capacity related to vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIAL CONDITION ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- The working environment on the collection vehicles and at the treatment facility involves the mechanical handling of hospital infectious waste.
- Works in bio-hazardous waste environment
- Requires the use of personal protective equipment
- Requires worker training to prevent potential worker exposures to bio-hazardous waste
- Requires proper immunization
- Requires to work beyond normal working hours from time to time to meet deadlines.
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than TUESDAY OCTOBER 8, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.