Reporting directly to the Registrar, the Financial Controller is responsible for managing the financial operations of the Pesticides Control Authority to ensure the proper acquisition and utilization of funds and assets in accordance with government policies and procedures.
- Oversee the implementation of all accounting functions of the Authority.
- Assist the Registrar in preparing all PCA budgets.
- Monitor the performance through appropriate reports based on analysis and interpretation of financial data relating to cash flow.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for submission by the Registrar to the PCA Board in accordance with the Public Bodies and Accountability Act.
- Manage and supervise all activities related to financial accounting
- Prepare investment portfolio and report on investment performance.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on contracts to the Office of the Contractor General.
- Supervise the Accounting Technician.
- Thorough knowledge of the FAA Act;
- Knowledge of computer information system, security, regulation and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of network operating system;
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer software including Turbopay, Peachtree, Spreadsheet and other computer applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Government Accounting Principles and Practices.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to compile and prepare narrative and statistical reports;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and conviction of purpose in unfavourable/unpopular situations;
- Ability to prioritise among conflicting demands;
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative, professionalism and confidentiality;
- Excellent integrity/ethics exercised in the performance of duties;
- Maintains a high level of productivity and self-direction.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Business Administration from a recognised tertiary institution and five (5) years’ experience; OR
- BSc Degree in Accounting or Management Studies and three (3) years’ experience.
Three-year contract (renewable) at Government pay scale (FMG/ PA 2). Application and resumé with three (3) references should be submitted no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, September 30, 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver, addressed to: Registrar, Pesticides Control Authority, 50 Half Way Tree Road, Kingston 5.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted