Ministry of Health, Government of Jamaica (MOH/GOJ) is planning and executing an investment loan from Inter-American Development Bank (IDB; JA-L1049).
MOH/GOJ has embarked on a renewed effort to strengthen and expand its use of information technology to improve the efficiency, efficacy and safety of both clinical and business processes, and to improve the availability of quality information to support clinical, program and policy decision-making.
The successful individual will form part of the team on a contract basis and report to the ICT Lead. The successful individual will also work collaboratively with other leaders from across the Ministry of Health, Regional Health Authorities, and the private health sector, as well as with other ministries and international partners.
The primary function of this role is to assess the current information and communications technology infrastructure and to estimate the cost of strengthening the infrastructure for several health services networks that will be the focus of facility, infrastructure and program strengthening under the IDB investment loan.
Skills you’ll need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree Computer Science (or equivalent);
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years of experience with designing, implementing and supporting ICT infrastructure; Previous experience conducting IM-IT inventories or assessments; prior experience with online-offline survey tools such as CommCare, Kobo Toolbox, or Open Data Kit,
- Languages: Advanced writing, communication and presentation skills in English
- Core and Technical Competencies: Demonstrable knowledge of current IT infrastructure related technologies, principles, best practices and trends; Excellent knowledge of current principles, best practices and trends guiding the development of ICT architectures; Excellent knowledge of current principles, best practices and trends guiding the engineering, maintenance and support of IT infrastructures; Previous experience working with Caribbean or Latin American health sector clients is desirable. Ability to work as a team; Ability to work under pressure; Produce and deliver quality results; Ability to communicate with and present to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Length of contract: 40 non-consecutive days over 3 months
- Starting date: April 2019
- Location: Jamaica
- Responsible person: IS4H Lead – MOH/GOJ
Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group. The successful individual is required to obtain a Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) from Tax Administration Jamaica, Government of Jamaica upon contract award.
The Ministry of Health now invites eligible and qualified individuals to submit full Curriculum Vitae for the position.
The detailed Job Description for the position is available on the website of the Ministry of Health at www.moh.gov.jm Interested persons should forward their applications and curriculum vitae in writing NO LATER THAN 2:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019 to: –
We thank all interested persons for applying, however please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted. The Ministry of Health reserves the right to withdraw this invitation without providing reasons(s) at any time before the indicated deadline for submission of a curriculum vitae.