Ministry of Health, Government of Jamaica (MOH/GOJ) is planning and executing an investment loan from Inter-American Development Bank (IDB; JA-L1049).
MOH/GOJ has embarked on a renewed effort to strengthen and expand its use of information technology to improve the efficiency, efficacy and safety of both clinical and business processes, and to improve the availability of quality information to support clinical, program and policy decision-making.
The successful individual will form part of the team on a contract basis and report to the IS4H Project Lead. The successful individual will also work collaboratively with other leaders from across the Ministry of Health, Regional Health Authorities, and the private health sector, as well as with other ministries and international partners.
The primary function of this role is to plan, coordinate, select, procure and implement the required components of a national ICT infrastructure that will enable the Ministry of Health’s vision for IS4H in Jamaica.
Skills you’ll need:
- Education: A Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science, business administration, or related field;
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in a senior leadership role in the context of planning and implementing information systems and complex ICT infrastructures.
- Languages: Advanced writing, communication and presentation skills in English.
- Core and Technical Competencies: Experience implementing systems that transform business processes; Demonstrable knowledge of current and emerging information technologies, information systems and technical architectures; Knowledge of health information systems architectures, technologies and standards is an asset; Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact culturally, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals; Superior negotiation skills; demonstrated experience working in formal project management methodology; ability to manage concurrent projects that involve a broad range of stakeholders; Experience in procurement processes in public institutions; Experience working in an international context is desirable.
- Length of contract: Full-time for 24 months (with a possible extension of up to 60 months pending satisfactory performance)
- Starting date: April 2019
- Location: Jamaica
- Responsible person: IS4H Lead – MOH/GOJ
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group. The successful individual is required to obtain a Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) from Tax Administration Jamaica, Government of Jamaica upon contract award.
The Ministry of Health now invites eligible and qualified individuals to submit full Curriculum Vitae for the position.
The detailed Job Description for the position is available on the website of the Ministry of Health at www.moh.gov.jm Interested persons should forward their applications and curriculum vitae in writing NO LATER THAN 2:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019 to: –
We thank all interested persons for applying, however please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted. The Ministry of Health reserves the right to withdraw this invitation without providing reasons(s) at any time before the indicated deadline for submission of a curriculum vitae.