Salary Range: $ 677,673 – $ 785,892 per annum
Under the supervision of the Librarian, the Library Assistant will assist in providing easy access to the information resources of the Ministry of Health & Wellness.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Assists with cataloguing & classification of Library Materials
- Ascertains and assigns subject headings and cross-reference
- Guides readers in the use of the Library
- Issues materials to readers
- Replaces materials issued to readers
- Assists in the selection of materials for acquisition by the Library by perusing materials such as journals, bibliographies and catalogues to ascertain the availability of materials for the Library
- Prepares accessions lists and maintains record of library use
- Performs other related duties such as receiving and dealing with the public, telephone queries, attending meetings and workshops
- Assists in the mounting of displays/exhibitions
- Distributes posters and brochures
- Performs any other related duties assigned from time to time
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Use of Technology
- Computer Skills
- Knowledge of Universal Decimal Classification Scheme and Cataloguing Skills
- Knowledge of Access to Information Act
- Knowledge of abstracting and indexing skills
- Interviewing techniques in relation to client needs
- Research and bibliographic skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in Library Science.
- One (1) year in a similar position.
Applications with résumés are to be submitted no later than Thursday December 1, 2022, to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
The Ministry of Health & Wellness thanks all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.