Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position in the Finance and Accounts Division, Ministry of Health & Wellness.
Payroll Officer – FMG/AT 2
The Payroll Officer shall have responsibility for providing salary for monthly paid employees and properly maintain salary records for the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
KEY OUTPUTS (Results, Deliverables)
- Monthly salary prepared
- Salary records maintained
Key responsibility areas (Activities, Tasks)
- Notes information from salary advice on salary record;
- Ensures that all payroll information on the computerised payroll system is maintained accurately;
- Calculates salaries and effect the necessary changes relating to the new salary rates, arrears of salary, acting appointments, resignation, new employment and deductions;
- Enters changes on salaries record and on the salaries control at the time;
- Checks payroll register against entries on the salary records for errors or omissions and return cards for necessary corrections;
- Balances salary control and ensures that payroll register and salaries control is in agreement;
- Prepares late payments for employees not listed on payroll register;
- Processes authorized deductions;
- Facilitates the electronic transfer of salaries to financial institutions and other deduction recipients;
- Files earning records, salary records, signing sheets and payroll register;
- Prepares Journal vouchers in respect of over payments of salary to employees;
- Prepares P45 and salary particulars for officers who have resigned or have been transferred;
- Provide advice to managers as required.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Certificate or Diploma in Accounting, Management or Business Administration from a recognised institution;
CAT or AAT level A and 1 respectively;
- Plus successful completion of the relevant government accounting and computing courses and at least two (2) years experience;
- Satisfaction of the Proficiency criteria;
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applications with résumés are to be submitted no later than Friday, May 14, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
The Ministry of Health thanks all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.