The Programme Administrator will support the effective implementation and monitoring of programme activities and contribute to the achievement of the programme goals and objectives.
The Programme Administrator will support the National Epidemiology Unit in its administrative management of activities in order to attain the objectives of the National Influenza Surveillance Strengthening Grant and the wider mandate of the component units. He/ She will be the budget gate keeper and lead on some key operational and monitoring activities managed by the project on behalf of the broader unit. The officer will seek to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the performance of tasks that are administratively driven.
Monthly reports prepared and presented including Inventory Reports and Project Indicator Monitoring Reports
- Minutes produced
- Letters prepared
- Timely completion of procurement processes according to approved work plan
- Analysis and facilitation of bill payments for administrative activities- e.g. telephone, stationery and office supplies, office furniture, courier
- Update Administration files including personnel files
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Assist in providing administrative support to the implementation and monitoring of the budget.
- Interface between programme officers, implementing partners (IPs) and other units in the Ministry of Health as necessary to ensure timely and accurate information flow.
- Assist IPs in resolving implementation bottlenecks and issues as it relates to the execution of their work plans administratively.
- Ensure effective and efficient administration of the Project Manager through the provision of support and secretarial services related to the execution of activities.
- Prepare and circulate meeting minutes and action sheets
- Manage leave application process
- Ensure personnel files are updated and properly maintained
- Budget gatekeeper; prepare initiation forms and track initiated activities through payment and delivery of goods or performance of service
- Prepare correspondences to stakeholders.
- Assist in setting up and administering interviews and conduction reference checks as required.
- Prepare employment letters
- Ensure that new recruits’ “Assumption of Duties” letter along with other start up documents are submitted and copies verified against the originals
- Assist in setting up of new staff via provision of email, internet access, telephone, health insurance, CUG and other requirements.
- Manage leave application process- process leave application, update leave cards issue approval letters, ensure assumption and resumption letters are stated on file update personnel files
- Ensure personnel files are updated and properly maintained- file correspondences, contracts and relevant in for to personnel files maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Assist in the monitoring of performance evaluation reports ensuring their completion and submission at anniversary or end date contracts to further ensure that contracts are renewed/ modified in a timely manner.
- Submit payroll request and other relevant documents to Main Accounts-Payroll Department of the MOH
- Undertake RFQ for Approved Purchases Requisition for project supplies and evaluation to delivery of stock.
- Maintain Administration databases- CUG, workstation assets etc.
- Support updates of Fixed Assets Registry through collaboration with Systems and Information Technology Unit (SITU) and General Administration units of the Ministry of Health.
- Organize and coordinate meetings; attend meetings; prepare minutes and follow-up on decision to ensure timely implementation.
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities outlined in work plan for Influenza Surveillance Strengthening
- Participate actively in the project planning process, budget keeping and quality of the results
- Compilation of reports
- Performs other related functions or any other duties as assigned from time to time by Grant Manager or PMO, NEU.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The selected individual must have Government of Jamaica, donor funded project or private sector administration experience. Knowledge of government operations will be an asset. The selected individual must also possess:
- A first Degree in Business Administration, Management Studies, or Equivalent
- At least four years work experience in similar capacity.
- Training in project management would be an asset.
- Ability to use Microsoft Suite-particularly Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must have a good knowledge of Government procurement procedures and regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills
- Ethical and have the ability to work effectively in a highly confidential environment.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Exposure to highly confidential and sensitive information
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Will be required to travel and must have access to a motor vehicle
The job is satisfactorily performed when:
- Stipulated deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Confidentiality of information obtained on the job is preserved.
- Objectives are achieved.
- The Programme Administrator will have a direct reporting relationship to the Grant Manager.
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, March 15, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants.