The Programme Development Officer will provide technical support to the Treatment, Care & Support Component of the Programme in ensuring the effective implementation of the programme activities and contribute to the achievement of the programmes goals and objectives.
- Coordination of the National PMTCT Programme
- Reporting mechanisms requirements relevant to the project are met
- Monthly Programme reports relating to the National TB Programme, STI Management and PMTCT Programme
- Coordination of the National STI Programme
- Assist in ensuring that the reporting mechanisms requirements relevant to the project are met.
- Ensure that surveillance data submitted to unit is collated and analysed in keeping with reporting requirements.
- Timely reporting through the summarization and collation of information required for stipulated reports.
- Monitoring the PMTCT Programme and develop policies to govern service delivery
- Monitoring treatment sites with regular visits and audits and analysis of reports to facilitate programme implementation at the site level.
- Monitoring the STI Programme and developing policies to govern service delivery
- Assist in the development and implementation of all Treatment, Care and Support activities.
- Support the elimination initiative for mother to child transmission of HIV and Syphilis
- Strengthen programming for the other STIs
- Strengthen programming for Tb
- Facilitate and conduct training of health staff as indicated
- Prepare work plans when required
- Supervise expansion of Contact Investigator programme
- Provide technical assistance to the RHAs
- Improve linkages between the health care system and the HIV/STI/TB Unit
- Perform annual mortality review
- Attend monthly/quarterly/annual meetings/conferences/workshops and special sessions (international and local) as required
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual/ad hoc quantitative and qualitative reports
- Develop, implement and update training curriculum for the STI Programme
- Oversee and assist (where necessary) with the collection, compilation of all associated data in collaboration with the Parish and Regional teams.
Perform any other related duties, as assigned by the Director, Treatment Care & Support.
- Key deliverables are produced within agreed time frames to required standards
- Confidentiality of information obtained on the job is preserved
- Must be able to provide technical support to the Treatment, Care & Support Component of the Programme
- Training in project management, project financial procedures or health systems management will be a distinct advantage.
- Possess good communication skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Medical Degree from a recognized institution
- Master’s in Public Health from a recognized institution
- A minimum of three years medical experience in the health sector with exposure to sexual and reproductive health
- Local experience in public health/primary health care
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Maybe required to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Exposure to highly confidential and sensitive information
The Officer will report directly to the Director, Treatment Care and Support, HIV/STI/TB Unit.
Interested persons should submit their application along with resume no later than
Wednesday, February 10, 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be addressed to:
Human Resource Management & Administration
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10a Chelsea Avenue, Kingston 5
We thank all candidates for responding, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.