The Programme Officer will have primary responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day implementation of all programmatic aspects which will directly support the achievement of the overall goals of the project such as life skills trainings, workshops and other interventions towards overall goals of the project of having persons prepared to reintegrate into the wider society.
- Ensure the maintenance and record of accurate log of Programme activities
- Assist with the preparation of monthly progress report
- Liaise with the Programme Manager to oversee the day-to-day management of the Programme activities
- Oversee the effective utilization of Programme’s resources; food, supplies, stationery etc.
- Ensure Programme equipment and areas of use are maintained
- Ensure standards are established and upheld with regards to food and environmental hygiene.
- Assist with the establishment a disaster prevention plan and when necessary implement strategies geared at mitigating natural and other disasters. Activities may include; trimming of trees where necessary, assisting with the acquisition of emergency supplies, etc.
- Ensure that the first aid kit is adequately and appropriately stocked as well as readily accessible.
- Support the Case Manager with arranging and meeting external appointments especially those relating to medical issues.
- Provide ongoing feedback by way of written and verbal report on matters concerning; maintenance especially as this relates to health and safety issues in and around the community including the perimeter walls.
- Assist in the design and implementation of client Programmed programmes
- Engender participation amongst clientele
- Assist in the management of clients’ transition plan
Performs other related functions assigned from time to time by the Programme Manager.
- Key outputs/deliverables are produced within agreed time frames to the required standards.
- Individual Workplan is prepared within the established format and time frame and supports the strategic objectives of the component.
- Monthly reports submitted as per the relevant timelines
- Highly organized;
- Ability to draft well-written correspondences;
- Analytical thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications.
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent Information Analysis skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Social Work, Project Management or other related fields
- 3+ years work experience, preferably in human services, and possess demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Professional or personal experience supporting individuals from the LGBT Community
The Officer will report directly to the Programme Manager.
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than November 15, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only