Under the general direction of the Project Coordinator and the Chief Nursing Officer, the Project Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Coordinator of the Nursing Now Project in order to achieve the objectives.
- Prepares the budget for the Nursing Now Project.
- Prepares the quarterly cash flow requirements and expenditure statement for the quarterly performance review.
- Monitors the Projects expenditure by:
- Ensuring that the bills incurred by the Project are committed in accordance with budget allocations.
- Maintaining a record of commitments through expenditure and allocations.
- Preparing monthly expenditure and variance reports.
- Compiles monthly and quarterly reports on the activities of the Project for submission to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Liaises with the Procurement Manager in order to obtain equipment, stationery and any other items required for the efficient functioning of the Project by:
- Submits pro-forma to the Procurement Unit for the preparation of invoice orders.
- Prepares commitments.
- Submits relevant data to the accounts Departments.
- Follow-up to ensure that payments are made to suppliers.
- Implements an inventory management system to ensure the safety and security of the Project supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates and facilitates the flow and distribution of information between the Project Coordinator and other Stakeholders within the Ministry of Health and Regional Health Authorities.
- Follow-up decisions taken by the Project Coordinator, at his/her request, to ensure implementation and follow-through.
- Arranges all activities related to meetings, workshops, local and overseas travel and other equipment related to the project.
- Liaises with the Director, General Administration to ensure the maintenance of furniture and equipment for the Project.
- Liaises with the designated Officer regarding assistance to be provided through the compassionate fund.
- Ensures coverage for meetings. Takes minutes for meeting as required
- Travel across regions to facilitate sensitization and training
- Assist with personnel related matters pertaining to the project
- Maintains a record of leave applications made by staff in the Project.
- Performs any other related duties, as assigned by the Project Coordinator and Chief Nursing Officer.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and principles
- Knowledge of Public Service Regulations ,Policies and procedures
- Oral and written communication
- Team work and cooperation
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Customer and quality focus
- Time Management
Special conditions associated with the job:
- Typical office environment, no adverse working conditions;
- Participation in retreats/meetings outside of normal working hours may be required from time to time;
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Minimum requirements for entrance to Public Service
- Certificate /Diploma in Management Studies, Public Administration or Equivalent
- Training in Human Resource Management
- A minimum of three years working experience in administrative capacity.
Duration Two (2) years
w.e.f May 2019
Place of Work Ministry of Health and Wellness
10-16 Grenada Way, Kingston
Interested persons may apply in writing, accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Monday, June 24, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.