To coordinate and monitor all implementation activities of the Ministry’s capital projects to ensure that contracts/specifications are adhered to.
- Project and status Reports
- Technical Advice
- Date base of Capital Project
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Management and Administrative
Maintains an information system for the tracking of implementation activities and ensuring an early warning system for delays/bottlenecks that may arise.
- Prepares regular reports on the progress of projects and submits to the Director, Project Planning and Implementation.
- Maintains liaison with the Director, Civil Works, Project Engineer and Project Architect in matters relating to capital projects.
- Reviews implementation schedules and monitors on an ongoing basis the progress of work on the Ministry of Health’s projects to ensure completion within the scheduled time frame and technical specifications.
- Examines project reports, ensures variances are explained, identifies areas for immediate or priority action and updates the Director, Project Planning and Implementation.
- Prepares/Modifies critical path analysis as a guide to performance and to ensure performance remains on target.
- Evaluates the level of manpower employed on project sites to ensure their adequacy in completing projects as planned.
- Monitors expenditure to ensure the efficient scheduling of resources to guard against cost overruns.
- Obtains reviews and submits reports to funding agencies as per project agreement.
- Consolidates data received on project performance and prepares reports for submission to Planning Institute of Jamaica, Ministry for Finance, Project Analysis and Monitoring Company and other Agencies, as required.
- Monitors the performance of Contracts to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of their contracts.
- Conducts post-implementation evaluation of projects to determine if their objectives have been achieved in a cost effective manner. Prepare evaluation reports.
- Performs other related functions for the efficient implementation of the Ministry’s capital projects.
|Expertise in the application of project management principles, techniques and tools.|
|Working knowledge of quantitative analysis and statistical techniques.|
|Knowledge of cost/benefit analysis.|
|Analytical and conceptual skills|
|Working knowledge of management accounting|
|Ability to use project management software applications in the management of projects.|
|Oral Communications skills|
|Written Communications Skills|
|Problem Solving Skills|
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Sc. In Economics, Management Studies, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent.
- Training in Project Management PLUS
- Five (5) years experience in project management
- To monitor all contracts/ agreements relating to the Ministry’s capital projects to ensure compliance.
- To undertake post implementation evaluation of capital projects.
- To review implementation plans.
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, March 15, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only