Under the General Direction of the Estate/Property Manager, the incumbent is responsible for Monitoring owned and rental properties including office accommodation at Head Office, on a continuing basis.
- Physical facilities, equipment (including office equipment) and amenities are adequate and suitable to meet the needs of occupants/staff.
- All properties under the control of the Ministry are satisfactorily maintained.
- Rental Records
- Record of properties owned and maintained by MOH
- Advice on property matters
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Makes regular routine checks of staff residences and identifying maintenance problems for remedial work.
- Examines office accommodation and ensures that physical amenities are functional and adequate.
- Assists in the procurement of contracted maintenance services for selected properties and monitor contracts.
- Takes timely action to have assessment made and estimates prepared for preventive or corrective maintenance of properties.
- Assists in monitoring of repairs and maintenance work carried out on properties, and certify when necessary or required, quality of work performed.
- Evaluates the performance of service contractors and make recommendations to the Estate/Property Manager and Manager- Assets, Office and Special Services re: renewal of contract.
- Maintains rental record of each occupant and prepare and serve notices towards the end of lease tenure.
- Liaises with utility companies such as Cable & Wireless, National Water Commission and Jamaica Public Service Company Limited in order to ensure a continuous supply of these necessary amenities.
- Follow-up requests made by the Estate/Property Manager to the Commissioner of Lands for appraisals on properties.
- Prepares and maintains records regarding the status of the various owned and rental properties.
- Maintains records of rental intake and maintenance costs for each complex and recommend revision of rental rates from time to time.
- Communicates with Inventory Officer for new addition to, or depletion of inventory stock.
- Liaises with accountants at the Ministry of Health in monitoring the collection system to ensure the rent is deducted from salaries.
- Liaises with tenants in respect of maintenance or other problems.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Estate/Property Manager.
- The job is satisfactorily performed when:
- Maintenance schedule for equipment is adhered to
- Inspection schedules of properties and equipment are adhered to
- Records for buildings maintenance are kept up-to-date
- Tenants/occupants have suitable accommodation
- Rental records/accounts are accurate and current
- Properties maintained within Government Guidelines
- Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines adhered to.
|Knowledge of the Rental Estate Act|
|Knowledge of property maintenance|
|Knowledge of procurement guidelines|
|Knowledge of Government Housing Policy|
|Ability to keep abreast of current property management practices|
|Excellent knowledge of property maintenance|
|Basic knowledge of public utility policies (JPS, NWC)|
|Good oral communication skills||2|
|Good written communication skills||2|
|Customer and quality focus||2|
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Estate Management or Equivalent; plus
- At least three (3) years working experience in property maintenance
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATE WITH THE JOB
- Required to travel
- Maybe required to work beyond the normal working hours
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, January 17, 2020 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue, Kingston 10
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only.