Under the general supervision of the Director, Public Procurement, the Procurement Administrator is responsible for providing the necessary support by offering complete secretarial/ administrative support. This includes first point of contact, time management, correspondence disposition and resolution.
- Letters, reports, circulars, minutes and other correspondence are typed in a timely manner as directed.
- Purchase Orders are correctly typed & dispatched
- An up to date filing system.
- Queries of customers/visitors/callers to the unit are received and referred/attended to in a timely manner using effective communication technique.
- Response to routine matters are prepared and dispatched in a timely manner.
- Coordinate reports on behalf of the ORGANIZATION:
- Prepare reports for submission to the Ministry of Finance, Office of the Contractor General and the PPC.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly report for submission
- Maintain records in accordance to the FAA Act, etc.:
- Organize and maintain filing system
- Maintain correspondence loggings system
- Disseminate in a timely manner all incoming and outgoing correspondences
- Coordinate meetings:
- Arrange Department and Procurement Committee meetings
- Disseminate relevant documents for meetings
- Record and generate accurate and timely minutes for meetings
- Make travel arrangements for ORGANIZATION officers
- Responsible for organizing all purchasing documents.
- Ensure that all Purchase Requisitions and Travel Requisitions are channeled through the proper system before typing the purchase orders.
- Ensure all necessary information for the processing of Purchase Requisitions and Travel Requisitions are in place e.g. Prices, quotations, necessary signatures are affixed. If necessary, return to originating department of Purchase Requisition for authorized signature or other information required.
- Assist with compiling data to prepare Purchase Orders.
- Ensure that all Purchase Orders are typed.
- Assist to expedite movement of purchase orders from the hospital to the Suppliers.
- Communicate with all levels of staff regarding the movement of Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Assist users with preparing Purchase Requisitions correctly.
- Maintain Proper records management for Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and C.O.D. letters.
- Prepare Purchasing document for dispatch to suppliers, stamp, record and send Purchase Order requiring GCT exemption to GCT office.
- Ensure that copies of Purchase Requisitions are dispatched to the correct Department.
- Assist Suppliers to locate invoices that have been submitted for payment.
- Prepare C.O.D. letters and uniform allowance letters, make records in the required books and take them to the relevant Accounts department.
- Follow up on C.O.D. letters, ascertain re-preparation of cheques and return the appropriate documents to the Accounts department when the goods are supplied or he services are provided.
- Answer the telephones and screen calls and direct callers to the appropriate person or use initiative to assist callers where possible.
- Attend to the suppliers when they come to collect orders or make inquiries re orders and orders that are not collected are dispatched by messenger or the post.
- Assist with taking information from Shipping Agents, receiving shipping documents from courier services and delivering them to the Custom Broker.
- Receive cheque from the Accounts Department for overseas suppliers and send via courier service to the respective suppliers or make contact with the persons requesting the information as to the means by which suppliers are to get orders and cheques.
- Perform other similar and related tasks are required.
- Any other duties assigned by the Procurement Director
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to take own initiative and be a self starter
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Competent in:-MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word and Report Writing.
- Good command of the English language
- High degree of integrity and diplomacy
Special conditions associated with the job:
- Typical office environment, no adverse working conditions;
- Participation in retreats/meetings outside of normal working hours may be required from time to time;
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Diploma in Business Administration/Management Studies/Accounting or any other related field
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field
Interested persons may apply in writing, accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, April 26, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only