Under the general supervision of the Director, Public Procurement, the Procurement Clerk is responsible for providing the necessary in the issuing of tenders and the pre/post Bidding process
- Bidding process in keeping with Procurement Regulations
- Tender documents issue in appropriate timeframe in keeping with Procurement Regulations
- An up to date filing system.
- Queries of customers/visitors/callers to the unit are received and referred/attended to in a timely manner using effective communication technique.
- Response to routine matters are prepared and dispatched in a timely manner.
- Disseminate tender documents
- Represent PROCUREMENT UNIT at tender closing and opening exercises as recording clerk
- Seal tender boxes at stipulated deadlines
- Ensure Tenderers sign Bid Receipt register
- Prepare Purchase orders
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to take own initiative and be a self starter
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Competent in:-MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word and Report Writing.
- Good command of the English language
- High degree of integrity and diplomacy
Special conditions associated with the job:
- Typical office environment, no adverse working conditions;
- Participation in retreats/meetings outside of normal working hours may be required from time to time;
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Diploma in Business Administration/Management Studies/Accounting or any other related field
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field
Interested persons may apply in writing, accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, April 26, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only