The Public Procurement Officer, under the general supervision of the Director, Public Procurement, is to assist in the procurement processes required for the acquisition of goods and services essential for the operation of the MDA. The incumbent will ensure that all procurements are conducted in accordance with the Government of Jamaica procurement guidelines and procedures (Public Procurement Act 2015).
- Tender documents prepared and posted
- Bids evaluated
- Requisitions/purchase orders authorized
- Goods and services procured in accordance with procurement policies / guidelines
- Reports produced
- Inventory levels maintained
- Plans and budgets prepared
- Prepare tender notices and advertisements
- Prepare RFQ for goods, general services and minor works
- Obtain quotations/tenders from appropriately qualified suppliers.
- Represent PROCUREMENT UNIT at Tender closing and opening exercises as Tender Officer
- Maintain Procurement records in good order to facilitated audit and other reviews
- Prepare Quarterly Contracts Award report to be submitted to The Contractor General’s Office (QCA Report)
- Maintain a data base of all bonds and insurances and ensure that they are current all times and take responsibility for the safe keeping and return or all relevant documents
Procurement Process Management
- Preparing and reviewing technical specifications in collaboration with stakeholders, refining terms of reference (ToR) and preparing request for proposals (REP) and bidding documents.
- Reviewing and evaluating proposals and bids received and assisting with the process of engaging consultants and suppliers.
- Preparing and reviewing TORs and bidding documents for all required procurement activities.
- Liaising with relevant departments and stakeholders to have RFPs and bidding documents prepared, approved and issued in a timely manner according to the approved budget.
- Managing the advertising process for procurements, procurement correspondence, bid receipt, and bid opening in strict accordance within mandated procurement procedures.
- Maintaining procurement filing system in a systematic manner.
- Receives compiles and processes purchase requisition forms for all wards and departments for the procurement of goods.
- Maintaining list of vendors and contractors supplying various items and services.
- Liaises with service contractors to ensure that service to office and medical equipment are being affected as agreed.
- Development and executing measurement tools to accurately gauge vendor’s performance (quality delivery time’s ect.) and communicate results internally and externally as necessary.
- Checking invoices to ensure correct price, follow through to ensure that materials ordered have been received, examine the condition of materials received, and recommend invoices for payment.
- Maintaining procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories, compiling data on these for internal monthly reports.
- Ensure all completed Purchase Orders are taken to the general consumption tax office to be zero-rated.
- Monitoring and reporting the procurement implementation status and progress as required.
- Following up with relevant government agencies to obtain the approval of proposed contract awards in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports of and for procurement meetings.
- Goods and services procured in accordance with quality requirements and financial guidelines/ regulations
- Procurement of goods and services carried out in accordance with Government procurement guidelines
- Stock level of goods are maintained in accordance with established procedures
- Accurate record keeping
- Accurate reports are generated and submitted within agreed timeframe
- Bid documents prepared in accordance with specifications
- Tender opening conducted in accordance with established standard
Special conditions associated with the job:
- Pressured working conditions with numerous critical deadlines
- Long hours of work including weekends and public holidays
- Extensive Knowledge of Government Procurement guidelines and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of contract administration
- Ability to research and evaluate technical proposals and recommend contracts for award;
- Knowledge of office management principles, practices and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting practices as applied to procurement procedures;
- Working knowledge of computer applications
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Team work and cooperation
- People Management Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
- Time management skills.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Public Administration/Management Studies/Accounting or any other related field
- Three (3) years procurement experience, in a similar position
Interested persons may apply in writing, accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than April 26, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only