The Health Services Planning and Integration Branch reviews the medical examinations of approximately 600 persons employed to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) who are to be appointed to the public sector. The MOHW also provides the medical examinations of approximately 90% of these persons who are from the MDAs located in the corporate area. There is now the need to recruit medical practitioners to carry out this activity.
The MOHW is therefore inviting interested Private General Practitioners:
- to conduct medical examinations of these workers according to the attached process map
- to participate in for a fixed fee to be paid by the MOHW;
- to be engaged in the project for a period of two (2) years.
- The Private General Practitioner must satisfy the following requirements:
- Full and up-to-date registration with the Medical Council of Jamaica (MCJ);
- Possess a valid Tax Registration Number (TRN);
- A valid Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) or valid Tax Compliance Letter (TCL);
- Possess the requisite medical malpractice insurance or other relevant insurance coverage;
- Provide registration particulars for the support personnel/staff members within their practice, from a Regulatory body under the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
- Experience: The General Practitioner(s) must have a minimum of at least three (3) years’ experience in providing the services being proposed and the support personnel/staff members should have a minimum of at least two (2) years’ experience in providing care to Patients;
- Education: Additional Certification in Family Medicine, Cardiology, Endocrinology or Chronic Care Model training would be an asset;
In the case of General Practitioners operating as part of Medical Centres, they must meet the abovementioned requirements and qualifications individually.
Please note, if selected the following requirements shall be met:
• Must be willing to accept a Service Fee of J$4,000.00 per patient;
• Must have access to internet services;
• Must be willing to receive payment weekly by electronic bank transfer;
• Must have a comfortable waiting area compliant with the MOHW’s Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Employers: Interim Guidance for COVID-19 and for additional resources, visit:
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) document can be accessed on MOHWs website at www.moh.gov.jm. Enquiries regarding the TOR document should be emailed to the Public Procurement Unit, email@example.com.
Expression of interest in the form of a letter inclusive of proposed location(s) for services and supporting documentation for each medical practitioner and the practice (annual Medical Council of Jamaica practicing certificate, TRN and TCC, medical malpractice insurance certificate and other certificate of relevant insurance coverage, evidence of registration of support staff) must be submitted electronically (to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com) on or before Thursday, January 07, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. (1400hrs.) and shall be addressed as follows:
REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL MEDICAL OFFICERS TO PROFORM MEDICAL EXAMINITIONS OF PERSONS TO BE APPOINTED IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE
The Procurement Manager
Public Procurement Unit
Ministry of Health and Wellness
10-16 Grenada Way, Kingston 5
Please note that the Ministry of Health & Wellness reserves the right to accept or reject any tenders or to abandon the tender process without any explanation to prospective bidders.