REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST & BIDDER’S CONFERENCE
FOR THE ENGAGEMENT OF PRIVATE GENERAL PRACTITIONERS FOR THE PROVISION OF SERVICE TO PUBLIC PATIENTS WITH DIABETES AND HYPERTENSION
The Ministry of Health & Wellness will be implementing a public-private partnership for non-communicable disease. The Government of Jamaica through the MOHW is pursuing this intervention in response to the increase in the number of COVID-19 cases. This initiative will seek to maintain essential primary care services for non-COVID-19 clients with diabetes (DM) and hypertension (HTN); enabling them to access routine care through private physicians and to free the resources of the health centres to focus on critical cases and the pandemic response.
Consequently, the Ministry of Health and Wellness requires the services of private General Practitioners:
- To maintain routine clinical management of non-COVID-19 clients with diabetes and/or hypertension in the context of scaled-down access to primary care services at public health centres during the COVID-19 outbreak in Jamaica;
- To participate in a project for the medical management of public patients who are diabetic and hypertensive for a fixed fee to be paid by the NHF;
- To be engaged in the project for a period of two (2) years.
The Private General Practitioner must satisfy the following requirements:
- Full and up-to-date registration with the Medical Council of Jamaica (MCJ);
- Possess a valid Tax Registration Number (TRN);
- A valid Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) or valid Tax Compliance Letter (TCL);
- Possess the requisite medical malpractice insurance or other relevant insurance coverage;
- Provide registration particulars for the support personnel/staff members within their practice, from a Regulatory body under the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
- Experience: The General Practitioner(s) must have a minimum of at least three (3) years’ experience in providing the services being proposed and the support personnel/staff members should have a minimum of at least two (2) years’ experience in providing care to Patients;
- Education: Additional Certification in Family Medicine, Cardiology, Endocrinology or Chronic Care Model training would be an asset;
In the case of General Practitioners operating as part of Medical Centres, they must meet the abovementioned requirements and qualifications individually.
Please note, if selected the following requirements shall be met:
- Must be willing to accept a Service Fee of J$4,000.00 per patient visit;
- Must have access to internet services;
- Must be willing to receive payment weekly by electronic bank transfer;
- Must have a comfortable waiting area compliant with the MOHW’s Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Employers: Interim Guidance for COVID-19 and for additional resources, visit:
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) document can be accessed on MOHWs website at www.moh.gov.jm. Enquiries regarding the TOR document should be emailed to the Public Procurement Unit, email@example.com.
Expression of interest in the form of a letter inclusive of proposed location(s) for services and supporting documentation for each medical practitioner and the practice (annual Medical Council of Jamaica practicing certificate, TRN and TCC, medical malpractice insurance certificate and other certificate of relevant insurance coverage, evidence of registration of support staff) must be submitted electronically (to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com) on or before Wednesday, December 02, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. (1400hrs.) and shall be addressed as follows:
PRIVATE GENERAL PRACTITIONERS FOR THE PROVISION OF SERVICE TO PUBLIC PATIENTS WITH DIABETES AND HYPERTENSION
The Procurement Manager
Public Procurement Unit
Ministry of Health and Wellness
10-16 Grenada Way, Kingston 5
A virtual one & half (1,1/2-hour bidder’s conference will be held on Wednesday, November 04 at 2 p.m. (1400hrs). The recording will be made available on the MOHW website at www.moh.gov.jm or through our partners, Caribbean College of Family Physicians (CCFP) and Association of General Practitioners of Jamaica (AGPJ).
Please note: The above mentioned conference is not a pre-qualifier.
Topic: Potential Bidders
Time: November 4, 2020 2:00 P.M. (1400hrs)
Zoom link will be posted on the MOHW website.
Meeting ID: 992 5262 4468
All information concerning this Expression of Interest will be reviewed and all questions answered. This is the only occasion in which the MOHW will provide an opportunity to respond directly to questions and clarify instructions regarding this procurement.
Please note that the Ministry of Health & Wellness reserves the right to accept or reject any tenders or to abandon the tender process without any explanation to prospective bidders.