Smart Health Care Facilities in the Caribbean Project – Jamaica
The Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW) is enhancing the resiliency of health facilities through a number of related projects. One of these is the implementation of the Smart Health Care Facilities in the Caribbean Project in collaboration with the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO). Implementation commenced in 2016 and infrastructure works commenced November 2020. The MOHW is offering a short term engagement to provide administrative support to project implementation with the primary objective of effective and efficient execution of the construction phase of the Smart Health Care Facilities in the Caribbean project taking into consideration the other infrastructure projects being implemented concurrently, ensuring that interventions are synergistic and preserve the smart standards that will be achieved by the project.
OBJECTIVE(S): The Project Support Officer will provide administrative project management support to the infrastructure works and the public relations aspects for Jamaica of the project and the information management system of the MOHW Smart Programme.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Education: An undergraduate university degree in Business, Computer Science, Project Management or other related degree PLUS certified training in business, management or other related discipline. Certification/Qualification/Training in Project Management is required.
- Experience: Minimum Five (5) years project management working experience. Experience in an area related to natural resources management, spatial planning and climate resilience is beneficial.
- Language: English.
- Core and Technical Competencies: an area related to natural resources management, spatial planning or climate resilience; Project Management experience; Government procurement; Knowledge of PAHO and UK-DFID procurement rules and regulations and working familiarity with the local health sector is beneficial.
- The incumbent will possess the following competencies:
- Management, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Results orientation
- Facilitation skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) can be accessed on Ministry of Health & Wellness’s website at www.moh.gov.jm Equerries regarding TOR must be sent to: email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 10am (1000hrs), Monday, January 4, 2021.
Expressions of interest in the form of an Application letter and Curriculum Vitae must be electronically to: email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 2 pm (1400hrs) Monday January 11,2021 and must be addressed as:
THE PROCUREMENT OF PROJECT SUPPORT OFFICER, SMART HCF PROJECT
We thank all applicants for their interest however, please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that the Ministry of Health & Wellness reserves the right to accept or reject any CV(s) or to abandon the REOI process without any explanation to prospective bidders.