The Social Worker will have primary responsibility for supporting the implementation of clients’ care plans and managing referrals toward ensuring retention in care and educational programmes. The Social Worker will support the Case Manager in assessment of client’s needs. The officer will directly support the achievement of the overall goals of the project of having persons prepared to reintegrate into the wider society.
- Liaising with the Case Manager
- Documenting clients’ progress by conducting weekly meetings and evaluations with Key Workers
- Logging events, infractions, and other events at the care facility
- Listening to clients’ concerns and providing referral for counseling or intervention as required
- Working with clients, family and friend support networks and health care professionals to put care plans in place
- Support the overall implementation of programmatic interventions toward the goals of beneficiaries transitioning.
Performs other related functions assigned from time to time by the Case Manager.
- Key outputs/deliverables are produced within agreed time frames to the required standards.
- Individual Workplan is prepared within the established format and time frame and supports the strategic objectives of the component.
- Monthly reports submitted as per the relevant timelines
- Highly organized;
- Good decision making skills
- Ability to draft well-written correspondences;
- Analytical thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications.
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent Information Analysis skills
- Conflict Mediation and Resolution Skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Social Work or other related fields
- 3+ years social work experience, preferably in human services, and possess demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Professional or personal experience supporting individuals from the LGBT Community
The Officer will report directly to the Case Manager.
Interested persons may apply in writing accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than November 25, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only