The Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW), Government of Jamaica, is the pre-eminent Government organization whose mandate is “To ensure the provision of quality health services and to promote healthy lifestyles and environmental practices”. Over the past years, the MOHW has sought to prioritise the strengthening and modernising of Information Systems. Under special grant funding by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) with counterpart funding by the MOHW, the activities to be undertaken by the MOHW include the expansion and strengthening of the efficiency, responsiveness and quality of the National Laboratory Services by implementation of Senaite Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) software application in collaboration with the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA).
The Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative support to enable the achievement of the objectives of the LIMS components.
Scope of Work
- Prepares the quarterly cash flow requirements and expenditure statement for the quarterly performance review
- Monitors expenditure by:
- ensuring that the bills incurred are committed in accordance with budget allocations
- maintaining a record of commitments through expenditure and allocations preparing monthly expenditure and variance reports
- Compiles monthly and quarterly reports on the activities.
- Liases with the Procurement personnel in order to obtain equipment, and any other items required for the efficient functioning of the Project by:
- Submitting a pro-forma to Procurement for the preparation of purchase orders
- Preparing commitments
- Submitting relevant data to finance
- Follow-up to ensure that payments are made to the suppliers
- Implements an inventory management system to ensure the safety and security of supplies and equipment
- Arranges all activities related to meetings, workshops, local and overseas travel and equipment, including documenting minutes, invitations to participants, registers of participants, refreshments and venues.
- Coordinates and facilitates the flow and distribution of information between stakeholders.
- Follow-up decisions taken by the Supervisor at his/her request, to ensure implementation and follow-through
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Public Administration, Management Studies or equivalent
- Training in basic government accounting and,
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in an administrative capacity or,
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of general administrative practices
- General knowledge of public sector procurement policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of budget preparation
- Knowledge of modern office equipment, practices and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written communication skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Good team skills
Special Conditions Associated With The Job
- Required to work on weekends where necessary
- Required to travel to various health facilities
The Administrative Coordinator will report directly to the Information Systems for Health Lead of the MOHW.
|Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of :|
|Evaluation Criteria*||Max. Score||Actual Score|
|Degree in Public Administration, Management Studies or equivalent
|Experience in basic accounting||30|
|Experience in an administrative capacity||30|
Candidate must attain a minimum mark of 70 to be considered
*Key: 1 year of experience = 10 points; persons with 3 years or more experience should get the maximum score