To support and facilitate the management, coordination and implementation of the USAID grant managed by the HIV/STI/Tb Unit Ministry of Health.
- Monthly Status Reports submitted
- Annual & Semi-Annual Report prepared
- Reporting requirements relevant to the projects are met.
- Quarterly Activity Schedule for Sub Recipients submitted
- Interim Site Visit Updates submitted
- USAID Meeting Updates provided
- Convenes meetings with the Ministry of Health and USAID to determine programmatic priorities and move forward documents needing urgent attention.
- Coordinate the flow of documentation within MOH system to identify efficiencies and propose SOPs to MOH and USAID to improve efficiencies.
- Identify documents needing approval and interface with responsible persons to ensure prompt response.
- Track documents through approval process and work with stakeholders to find solutions to bottlenecks.
- Develop system for tracking documents, including a physical and electronic logbook and follow-up on outstanding issues.
- Conduct site visits on an interim basis and provide feedback to the MOH and USAID on issues needing follow up, especially those preventing sites from submitting documentation on-time.
- Liaise with the Finance Officers within the HIV/STI/Tb Unit to ensure that financial reports are submitted and cleared on a timely basis.
- Share information between USAID and MOH on the progress of critical documentation related to budgets, programmatic decisions, and policies.
- Provide weekly updates to USAID and MOH on issues in progress; completed tasks and upcoming matters;
- Submit to USAID and/or MOH requests for assistance in solving bottlenecks within respective agencies.
- Attend coordination meetings as requested
- Assist MOH and USAID in the drafting of correspondence and routing documents;
- Review documents for completeness and make recommendations for corrections;
- Assist USAID and MOH with the coordination of quarterly meetings and stakeholder consultations;
- Support timely submission to USAID data and documentation that is required for the annual and semi-annual reporting and/or information that is required for the POART Calls.
Performs other related functions assigned from time to time by the Grants Manager, HIV/STI/Tb Unit, MOH.
- Key outputs/deliverables are produced within agreed time frames to the required standards.
- Individual Workplan is prepared within the established format and time frame and supports the strategic objectives of the component.
- Monthly reports submitted as per the relevant timelines
- Understanding of the USAID system for reporting and monitoring;
- Understanding of MOH system for reporting and monitoring;
- Highly organized;
- Ability to draft well-written correspondences;
- Analytical thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field from a recognized university
- 3 years practical working experience in Administration at least 2 of which should be at a supervisory level.
- Experience in Project Management
- Familiarity with the disbursement and procurement procedures for USAID and the Government of Jamaica.
The Officer will report directly to the Grants Manager, HIV/STI/Tb Unit, MOH.
Interested persons should submit their application along with resume no later than
Monday, March 26, 2018 via email to email@example.com
Applications must be addressed to:
Human Resource Management & Administration
Ministry of Health
10a Chelsea Avenue, Kingston 5
We thank all candidates for responding, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.