This Branch is responsible for developing, monitoring and evaluating national health programmes for the development and improvement of the health care services; as well as, develops norms and standards to guide health care service delivery. In addition, provides technical guidance to RHAs, Government Agencies/NGOs and International Organizations.
Direct reporting into the HSPI Branch are the following units / programmes:
- Oral Health
- Mental Health Unit
- Health Service Support and Monitoring
- Family Health
- Adolescent Health
- Diagnostic Radiology Services
- Radiation Therapy Services
- Physiotherapy Services
- Pharmacy Services
Provides technical input with respect to Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Paramedical Services and Clinical Quality Assurance
HSPI is also the secretariat for the selection and placement of medical interns and senior house officers.
Though the HSPI Branch, projects geared towards health system strengthening are managed.
The following services are accessed through the HSPI Branch:
- Placements for Medical Internships
- Placements for International Medical Graduates
- Placements for Senior House Officers
- Application for the conduct of medical boards and medical examination for public sector employees and other special groups
- Application for the recommendation of Income Tax Exemption for the public and special groups.