Month: July 2021
Under the general direction of the Director, Nutrition and Dietetics, the Manager Dietetics Services shall will primarily be responsible for the planning, organizing and directs dietary service programmes for the Ministry of Health and Wellness and Hospital Island wide.
- Manages a staff of dietitians, assistant dietitian and dietetic assistants operating Island wide Media monitored.
- National training workshops planned and implemented to provide hospital staff with the knowledge and skill to manage dietary services.
- Centralized Food Services Systems developed and implemented in all government hospital.
- National policies and programme on dietetics developed, implemented, monitored and evaluated.
- Technical guidance provided to the original health services on all aspects dietetic services.
- Consultation held with public and private agencies.
- Advises and assists personnel institutions such as hospital health related facilities, childcare centres and schools, in food service system and nutritional care to clients
Key responsibility areas INCLUDES:
- Manages a staff of dietitians, assistant dietitian and dietetic assistants operating Hospitals Island wide.
- Develops, field test and equip government hospitals with norms and a procedure manual to guide the operation and standardize dietary services in hospital
- Plans and implements national training workshops to provide hospital staff with the knowledge and skill to manage dietary services
- Develops field test, implements, monitor and evaluates data collection instrument on the nutritional status of patients in Hospital.
- Develops and implements centralized Food Services Systems in all government hospital
- Provides advice to hospital on the divestments of dietary services in hospital and the monitoring of contractors
- Provides administrative direction for menu formulation, food preparation and service, purchasing, sanitation standards and safety practices.
- Develops and monitors the use of nutrition care plans for the management of specific disease states in the delivery of secondary care services.
- Develops, implements, monitor and evaluate national policies and programme on dietetics.
- Plans and implements research projects on dietetics and nutrition to inform national policies and programmes
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Minimum of seven (7) years working experience in the Nutrition or Dietetics; and
- Registered with the Council for Professions Supplementary to Medicine
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
Applications with résumés are to be submitted no later than Thursday, July 29, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health & Wellness
The Ministry of Health thanks all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.