Month: May 2019
Project: Enhancing Health Services Delivery Project
Reference #: MOHW 00000
The Ministry of Health and Wellness has embarked on a project designed to improve access to some critical services provided at public health facilities. This initiative builds on previous efforts to reduce wait time for services and is envisioned will result in shorter wait time for admissions as well as shorter hospital stays. The initiative is also set to reaffirm government’s commitment to the Abolition of User Fees in public health facilities.
Entitled “Enhancing Health Care Delivery Project”, the project will focus primarily on three (3) key areas impacting the health sector’s ability to respond timely to the health care needs of the population. The areas of focus are: (i) diagnostic radiology services (ii) elective surgeries and (iii) removal of social cases from hospitals.
The services of a Project Manager will be required to provide technical support to the Ministry of Health & Wellness in the coordination of this project to ensure timely and effective implementation. Responsibilities will involve working closely with the Technical Programme Advisor, the Regional Health Authorities (RHAs), private service providers and international development partners to determine and implement appropriate arrangements for the short-term outsourcing and subsequent reintegration of those services that are the primary focus of the project.
Qualifications & Experience
The Project Manager is required to possess, at minimum:
- Post graduate degree (Masters) in Development Studies, Business Management, Business Administration or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in Public Private Partnerships (PPP) arrangements would be an asset.
- Certification in Project Management. Preferably PMP Certification would be an asset.
- At least 3 years’ experience coordinating or managing development projects
- Working knowledge of Government of Jamaica’s health regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication, facilitation and report writing skills
The detailed Terms of Reference can be accessed on MOHW’s website at www.moh.gov.jm. Enquiries regarding TOR should be emailed to ………………..
Expression of interest in the form of an application letter, CV and proposal must be submitted in person, via post or email, on or before Friday, 14 June 2019 at 3:00pm.
The Procurement Manager
Ministry of Health & Wellness
Way, Kingston 5,
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.