Month: September 2019
The Bustamante Hospital for Children (BHC) was established in November 1963, as the nation’s specialist paediatric hospital. The BHC is the only specialist paediatric hospital in the English speaking Caribbean.
Approximately 400 children are born each year in Jamaica with congenital heart disease. Half of those children will need some form of corrective procedure, either by open-heart surgery or catheter interventions. Rheumatic Heart Disease (RHD) is also still prevalent and contributes to the pool of patients requiring cardiac intervention. The first open heart surgery that was done at BHC was in 2001 and from 2005 to 2008, thirty (30) cases have been completed.
Jamaica now has a dedicated paediatric cardiac centre and, in order to maximize the investments made by the Government and its partners in the construction of the Jamaica Children’s Heart Centre (JCHC), it is important to develop a feasible and sustainable strategic business plan for the operation of the previously mentioned Cardiac Centre.
The Ministry of Health and Wellness invites eligible firms to submit proposals on or before Friday, October 11, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. and place in a tender box provided at the address as per the undermentioned instruction:
PROCUREMENT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLAN FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF JAMAICA CHILDREN’S HEART CENTRE:
The Director, Public Procurement
Ministry of Health & Wellness
10-16 Grenada Way
Bid Document will be available from Thursday, September 26, 2019 at the above address.
The successful Consulting Firm must have extensive strategic planning experience, including the ability to conduct any required research, coordinate and facilitate the planning process, and create a strategic planning document suitable for private and public review and presentation. The Consulting firm must include in its proposal a valid Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC).
The following key experts are required on the consultant team:
Key Expert 1: Team Leader
The Technical Team Leader should satisfy the following requirements:
- Postgraduate degree Business Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in leading and facilitating strategic planning processes for pri-vate and public sectors, inside and outside of Jamaica.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development and management.
- Experience in consensus building, conducting interviews, facilitating focus group discussions and workshops.
- Knowledge of public health facilities’ financing, operations and procedures would be an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the planning and funding cycles of the public sector.
Key Expert 2: Health System Analyst/Health Economist
- Post graduate degree in Social Sciences, preferably in Health Economics, Health Policy and Management or similar fields.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in health system analysis including health economics, health econometric analysis and health policy development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health sector policies, laws and regulations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills
The Consultant Firm will provide support facilities to their team of experts (backstopping) during the implementation of the contract. The Consultant must ensure that experts are adequately supported and equipped. In particular, the Consultant must ensure that there is sufficient administrative and secretarial provision to enable experts to concentrate on their primary responsibilities.
The Ministry of Health & Wellness reserves the rights to accept or reject any or all bids or to re-tender, without thereby incurring any liability to the Bidders.