|NEW CASES||24 HRS||OVERALL|
|AGE RANGE||12 days to 98 years||1 day to 108 years|
|PARISH CLASSIFICATION OF NEW CASES|
|Type of Tests||PCR||Antigen Tests from Public Facilities
|Antigen Tests from Private Facilities||TOTAL|
|788||All negatives are included in PCR tests||211||999|
|TOTAL TESTS TODAY
|TOTAL TESTS CUMULATIVE
|DEATHS IN COVID-19 POSITIVE INDIVIDUALS|
|Deaths under investigation||1||121|
|RECOVERIES & ACTIVE CASES|
|Number in Facility Quarantine||4|
|Number in Home Quarantine||42,718|
|Patients Moderately Ill||179|
|Patients Severely Ill||90|
|Patients Critically Ill||59|
|TRANSMISSION STATUS OF COVID-19 CASES|
|Contact of a Confirmed Case||6||2,909|
|Local Transmission (Not Epi Linked)||0||3,040|
COVID-19 RELATED DEATHS:
- A 75-year-old female from St. James.
- A 75-year-old male from KSA.
- An 80-year-old female from St. Catherine.
- A 68-year-old male from KSA.
- A 63-year-old male from KSA.
- A 58-year-old male from St. James.
- A 49-year-old male from Manchester.
- An 89-year-old male from St. Mary.
- A 76-year-old female from St. Ann.
- A 67-year-old male from Clarendon.
- A 56-year-old male from Westmoreland.
- A 66-year-old female from KSA.
- A 66-year-old male from KSA.
- A 49-year-old male from St. Ann.
- A 66-year-old female from Clarendon.
The deaths occurred between August 18 and August 22, 2021.
*One of the new cases died.
|Moderately Ill||Require hospitalisation but do not require oxygen supplementation. (Admission may be for non-COVID-19 specific conditions.)|
|Severely Ill||Require hospitalisation and oxygenation support but not high dependency support (highly specialised staff and/or equipment).|
|Critically Ill||Require hospitalisation, oxygenation support and highly specialized staff and/or equipment.|
 Based on data for RT-PCR and Public Sector COVID Rapid Antigen Testing